HKILF 2021 is a hybrid festival offering different types of events, listed below. You can purchase tickets on our website by creating an account, adding events to your shopping cart and checking out when you have finished. You have to add your name to each ticket you purchase before payment.
Online Festival Pass: one purchase provides access to all our virtual events at a bargain price. When you buy a Festival Pass you will receive a confirmation email from Crowdcast for each online event. Follow the link in the email to register for the events you want to attend.
Venue Passes: one pass provides access to all events in one venue. Great value if you plan to spend a day or part of a day at one of our venues.
Book Purchases: most books featured in the festival can be ordered online from Bookazine or see links in event descriptions on the festival website. We will have a book sales table at live events, and author signings where possible.
- These events feature live speakers with a live audience, this year at the Fringe Club, Asia Society Hong Kong Centre and Tai Kwun and other venues – visit festival.org.hk for details.
- Buy tickets online up to one hour before the event begins, or at the door until the event begins.
- We hope to go ahead with all these events as planned, but if health and safety requirements change, we may need to make last-minute adjustments.
- Please check our website before coming out to a live event!
- These take place on our virtual event platform, Crowdcast, with speakers joining from around the world.
- You can buy tickets online up to one hour before the event begins.
- You will receive a registration email from Crowdcast with a link to the event.
- You will need to register for a free account on Crowdcast to access the event.
- You will also receive a reminder email on the day of the event.
- Most English events will have Chinese subtitles added within 72 hours.
- Events will remain on Crowdcast to watch on demand until 30 November 2021.
- You can either watch these events online at home OR you can attend in person.
- Some authors will be present in the venue and others will livestream from their home country.