Welcome to the 21st Hong Kong International Literary Festival, 5-15 November, 2021
HKILF turns 21 this year with The Rebound Edition, highlighting themes of resilience, recovery, wellness and mental health, with an emphasis on new fiction and the joy of reading.
From 5-10 November we present online and partner events, from wine tasting and walking tours to poetry and a day showcasing Asian fiction. This is followed by the Festival Weekend, 11-14 November: four exciting days when you can choose among 50 concurrent live and hybrid events at Asia Society and The Fringe Club, plus two evenings of Featured Fiction at Tai Kwun. Our live events include panels, readings, performances, writing workshops and walking tours.
- Wellness: Rebound theme events, from mental health and work-life balance to food, wine, books, and other things that bring joy and meaning to our lives.
- Featured Fiction: inspirational, thought-provoking stories from some of the world’s leading writers.
- Asian Fiction: new writing from South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia and across the region.
- Hong Kong Fiction: hear from emerging and established talents in the local writing scene.
- Local Voices: poets, poker players, cartoonists, linguists and more reflect the multi-faceted life and culture of Hong Kong.
- History & Heritage: explore the pastthroughnew books,walking tours and digitalresources.
- Perspectives: the latestnon-fiction and reportage, from personal stories to the natural world.
Our hybrid format offers over 70 events, of which more than 50 can be attended in person and over half can be viewed online, so you can choose where and when to join. In addition to an Online Festival Pass, we are offering Venue Passes to make it easy to spend a day event-hopping. With 20 events free of charge, ticketed online events costing $50 and most live events from $100 to $150, we have planned this festival to be flexible, accessible and fun. We hope you will enjoy it!
Sign up to our newsletter to receive the latest updates.
Most books featured in the festival can be ordered from Bookazine – visit their site to browse collections.