The Hong Kong International Literary Festival (HKILF) is looking for an Events Assistant to join its team. HKILF organises two festivals each year, the autumn International Literary Festival for adults and the spring Young Readers Festival for primary and secondary school students. The role is an exciting opportunity to learn all aspects of arts and event administration as part of a small, dynamic team dedicated to promoting literacy, reading and the exchange of ideas.
- Festival Administration:
Assist with planning and execution of the ILF and the YRF including organizing author transport, accommodation and visas; managing volunteers; managing ticket sales and event logistics; liaising with sponsors, donors, authors, literary agents, media, designers, venues, universities, schools, and hospitality partners.
Assist with preparation of sponsorship and grant proposals and budget; assist with reporting on government grants; take the lead in reporting on other grants as required.
Assist in execution of marketing plans, website updates and production of marketing materials, press releases and EDMs; liaise with English and Chinese media; manage translation of marketing materials (English to Chinese and vice versa).
- Office Administration:
Coordinate with accountant on the handling of payments and financial reports; general office administration and maintenance including filing and purchase of office supplies.
- Ability to organize own work and perform independently while closely coordinating with team members.
- Excellent information management and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- High level of flexibility, reliability and follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Capacity to handle multiple activities, events, and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during festival periods.
- NGO or arts volunteer experience preferred.
Please email CV and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “Events Assistant” in the subject line. Thank you.